17 February 2008

BRAZIL

I will spend the next several entries sharing about my mission trip to Brazil. The 10 of us (latter to be 9 and then back to 10 again) went with little knowledge of what to expect. We were all clergy -- we were all men -- a dangerous combination! Add in that our leader and assistant leader had to back out of the trip, that our fill in leader had to leave after the first week, and you begin to get a picture -- and if you can't, I will share my pictures with you. So, let us begin...
We (Paul Goshorn and I) left at 2:30 p.m. from Walgreen's on Stone Drive for the two hour trip to Maryville, where we left the car and made the 20 minute trek to the airport. We got there several hours ahead of our departure and then the plane was delayed for 40 minutes. We boarded our plane to Washington, DC and arrived in just enough time to walk to our flight to Rio which was beginning to board. Now it was just a 9 hour flight!


Bit: A 9 hour flight with a screaming child two rows in front of me! That's all I'm going to say.
The pictures here were made on our trip from the Rio airport to Teresopolis. Who wants to look at pictures of pastors waiting in an airport.

No comments: