10 April 2008

The Office

I watched "The Office" this evening. I don't usually watch it. I watched it once and wasn't all that impressed. So, why try again? No, it wasn't because of the TV ads for this new season. On my visit to that place in West Knoxville earlier this week, I met with a group of people with whom I will shortly be associated in a professional manner. They mentioned their love of this particular television program (I did note that JoAnne likes "The Biggest Loser" too -- what a twist with the TV audience getting to vote for the finalists!!!) So, I watched it again -- gave it a second chance. And, I must admit, that I enjoyed it more this time. No, it's still not in my top 10 programs, but since I liked it more, I'll give it another try. Maybe it's an aquired taste? (Surely it's not a generation gap, being that I am so young and all.)

BIT: I will be leary of people from the office inviting Gincy and me over for a dinner party now! And, hopefully my future office will not be quite so disfunctional. Shout Out to FF Staff (that doesn't date me does it?)

1 comment:

Jill-Marie Weaver said...

John- I would say The Office certainly IS a "learn to enjoy" program! You just have to get past the awkwardness. I did the same thing- watched it once and thought it SO stupid and uncomfortable but it has grown on me!! I love when Jim and Pam look at the camera when something off the wall happens- it seems to me they are crying for help! Plus- it reminds my husband of his own office- which concers me a bit!