30 November 2009

The Party's Over

Yesterday we started our new worship series "Rediscover Christmas", which means that "God's Party" is over. I don't know if everyone liked it or not, but I really enjoyed putting "It's God's Party: You're Invited" together. Even as I moved on to "Rediscover Christmas" for our Advent Season, I was reminded that the Party -- God's Party -- really isn't over. It really hit me on Thanksgiving morning as I was preparing for two (not one), but two Thanksgiving Feasts [One Thanksgiving Lunch with my better half's family and One Thanksgiving Dinner with my family]. I was sitting watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade when Yo Gabba Gabba suddenly appeared and began singing "Party in my Tummy". I called for my five-year-old to come so we could do the "Party in My Tummy" dance (note: I had not previously heard, much less danced to, this particular song). But, once you've heard this song ... wow! You want to jump up and dance.

There's a party in my tummy so yummy, so yummy

Now, There's a party in my tummy so yummy, so yummy

Hey, There's a party in my tummy so yummy, so yummy

Now, There's a party in my tummy so yummy, so yummy.


Later that day I added my own verses to this one -- "Turkey, Yeah! In my tummy, Party, Party, Yeah ... Ham, Yeah, In my tummy, Party, Party, Yeah ... (you can add your own verses pretty easily)."

I guess the party, God's Party, goes on ... even into Advent. Yes, we'll have God's Party on Sunday, December 13th with our Community Christmas Dinner at First Farragut, where hundreds of God's people will come together to share the Good News, eat some turkey (Party, Party!), get some clothes and a special Christmas gift. Christmas Eve will be a pretty cool Party -- A Birthday Party!

Bit: Did you notice yesterday, as we "Rediscovered Joy", that John the Baptist was doing a little Partying with Jesus? "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby in her womb (JtB) leaped ... 'The moment the sound of your greeting entered my ears, the babe in my womb skipped like a lamb for sheer joy.'"[The Message] Sounds like a Party in her tummy!!! Party, Party! (You know you want to get up and do the John the Baptist dance ... go ahead ...)

No comments: