13 December 2007

w00t! It's Christmas Time!

Yes, this past Sunday, to my surprise, the children sang, "Hodie, It's Christmas Time" in the 10:45 Traditional Service. I did notice (or at least I believe it to be true) that the exclamation point was not included in the bulletin as I thought I remember it from the "Hanging of the Green" Service. But, despite the absence of the exclamation point, it was a rousing Introit to our worship service. And, I had to chuckle again ... I just love that word, "Hodie!"

Last night a packed house experienced the Youth Choir's Christmas Presentation. It had spectacular bells, a touching solo, electrifiying presentations by a young men's ensemble "The Broad Street Boys", and of course the exhilarating presentation by the whole youth choir. I was trying to capture the "Spirit" of the whole night -- and yes, I was thinking Hodie! -- but I remembered an article from the Kingsport Times-News announcing Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year. It caught my attention because the word is a "hybrid of letters and numbers". It is "w00t", which according to the article is "used by gamers as an exclamation of happiness or triumph" and according to an online poll is "the word that best sums up 2007."

I know you're grinning! Yes, the Youth Choir Christmas presentation was a w00t!
BIT: W00t! It's Christmas Time! I like exclamation points!!!

No comments: