05 June 2008

Margaritaville

Don't tell my wife (don't worry she reads this), but I've been working on my first sermon at First Farragut while I'm on vacation. Gincy has a strict rule about work and vacation -- they don't mix. She's slacked off some over the years (I like to think of it as mellowing with age) and has allowed me, on occasion, to bring religious books with me on vacation. The work for the sermon has been a poll of pastors who have served First Farragut. I've received information from all of the pastors -- not that there are a whole lot! I'm not telling you any more (this is known as a teaser), you'll just have to show up for the sermon -- First Broad Street folk will have to go to Andrew's first sermon!

I will tell you that my input on the survey has to do with where we ate last night. We went down to Broadway on the Beach and ate dinner at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. It was great! People on stilts made balloon animals and hats for our kids. They had everyone stand up and participate in a song that is not endorsed by the United Methodist Book of Discipline -- so my description of the evening will stop here. The part that is helpful to the First Farragut folks is what I ordered. It is my answer to the survey for my first Sunday.

BIT: Okay another clue. "I like mine with lettuce and tomato ... (Kile ate my big Kosher Dill).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not mellowed because I have not aged!!! The only reason I haven't caught you working is because I am chasing Max around the beach.

DannyG said...

So, did the che'burger come with Pepsi? (for those of us old enough to remember SNL when it was actually funny)