04 June 2008

Just Add Water

I wasn't sure how Max would do with this beach thing on vacation this year. This is Max's first trip to the beach. Please don't feel sorry for him. Two years ago, right after we returned to the States with him, we went on a two week trip to Eastport, ME and back. Last year Max went to Walt Disney World. He's not been deprived!

I remember Kile's first trip to the beach. He was absolutely overwhelmed and scared out of his mind. Needless to say we didn't spend much time at the beach that year (on our beach vacation!). Even later Kile has never really been into the beach. This year is different for Kile. He's been in the water and hopping the waves. We went and bought him a mini-board and he has used it.

Back to Max. Max has taken to the ocean like he has taken to his bath. He LOVES water. Every time we go to the beach (or the pool, or the lazy river). Max acts like he is insane. He runs around ... in and out of the water ... stomps and dances in the water ... screams the whole time. It is so hilarious to watch. Especially as people walk along the beach and see this crazed 3-year-old acting so weird. I kid you not, a couple actually turned around and headed the other direction after spotting Max -- I believe they thought it was contagious! (They looked like they needed to catch it!)
Kile, while still liking the beach is so much more comfortable with the fishing pole. Gincy loves to sit in a chair by the water, any water ... and soak up the sun. (Note: she burned the first day, ouch!) I'm not so much into the sun. I burn very easily. I sometimes look like a vampire -- hat on, sunglasses, fully clothed with towels wrapped around me. But, give me some water and a good book and there I am.

BIT: I guess you could say: Brewster's -- Just Add Water -- one dances on the waves, one contemplates life & fishing, one is the sun goddess, one is under the umbrella (sing it with me, "umbrella .... ella, ellla, ella"). Hope you all have a vacation as great as ours.

BITTER: Yesterday we received a call that Gincy's uncle -- Joe -- had died of a massive heart attack. Please keep Gincy and her family, especially her aunt Judy in your prayers -- they had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and Uncle Joe had just tunred 70 last week. It was quite a shock. Gincy will go and spend some time with her family when we return.

No comments: