10 August 2010

There Is HOPE


Have you ever listened to a song over and over again and then all of a sudden you are hit with this deep meaning spiritual moment? I have the album "Hawk Nelson is My Friend!" on my ipod. I listen to it when I'm walking (as part of my 50 in 5). It's fast paced and it inspires me to go faster and further. My favorite song on the album is Let's Dance, but I listen to them all. So, I've listened to One Little Miracle more than a few times. Nothing had really jumped out at me. A lot of times my mind is wandering when I'm walking (with an occasional run here and there) ... thinking about God, my next sermon series, what's going on in the life of my family, etc. Or, the voice of Jillian Michaels is screaming at me "Run, fat boy, run" (which we'll leave to later blog). I'm not always paying attention to the lyrics of the songs I'm hearing. But this morning, as I rounded the turn for my 4th mile, I was on Union Rd behind the Church (which is narrow and scary), that song came on and it was like the words and music were speaking just to me.



Perhaps I was more attune to the topic of hope because of our new worship series "There is HOPE (Colossians @ First Farragut). Usually my walks fill me with dread and pain, but this morning I was filled with God's reassuring hope as I listened to One Little Miracle by Hawk Nelson.

BIT: I "hope" you're being filled supernaturally by God's hope this week and/or sharing God's hope with someone who needs it. There is HOPE in Church!

No comments: