27 April 2008

Countdown

Someone asked me the other day if I was counting down the days until I leave First Broad Street. I must admit that I really haven't. It wasn't until I was preparing for my sermon for today that I realized that this would be my last sermon in the three mainline traditional services (we have the "liturgical" traditional service in the chapel). I also realized that yesterday was my last wedding (at least scheduled one).

As I mentioned in my sermon this morning (my last Traditional with 4 more Contemporary to go) whether I'm ready or not, the countdown has begun. And so it does. I have 4 more Sundays and 32 calendar days (I get some "vacation" and Annual Conference in June). I have two more Wednesday Night Bible Studies and 4 more Child Center Chapels. I am the clergy on call one more weekend (next weekend) ...

BIT: Thanks so much to my Traditional People (and some Contemporary who skipped their worship this morning) for such a great last service! I love you all (and I mean all!)! By the way, I will tell Andrew that you all LOVE singing from "The Faith We Sing". LOL

No comments: