02 June 2008

Anniversary

Today is Gincy and my 12th wedding anniversary. I don't believe she remembered, but I didn't catch on until breakfast this morning. We had started off on our long, long, long, trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. We stopped at McDonald's (Max's favorite) for some coffee and some snacks. It donned on me and I handed her my hash brown and said, "Happy Anniversary!" I would have been in trouble except for the aforementioned fact that I don't believe she remembered either. Later she talked to her friend in Kingsport who said that a hash brown for an anniversary present was "really, really bad."

After many hours of driving (did I mention we have a 2 and 8 year old?). We made it to Pirate Land Campground (doesn't that sound romantic?) It was late and we started looking for someplace to eat. I knew it could not be McDonald's after the hash brown thing. Nothing looked good. And, then I saw it. I really didn't know anything about it. It was the Bonefish Grill. Max liked it because it was "where Pirates eat." Note the skeleton of the fish (or as Max calls it -- a sketelon).

It was a great (GREAT) meal. I had the Rhea's Charr (which was some sort of fish that was charred) -- I felt it only destiny since I was still burned from my charring the other night. This charr was Really, Really Great. Gincy had the Tilapia. Our appetizer was the "Bang, Bang Shrimp" (Personally, I always have to order something with the words "bang, bang" in them).

It was a great anniversary dinner if I say so myself.

BIT: I didn't say so myself. Gincy said it was wonderful as well. Happy 12! What do you get someone for their "Baker's Dozen" anniversary? Note: It's got to beat a hash brown!

3 comments:

Jill-Marie Weaver said...

I have to say that you landed in my personal FAVORITE place to eat!!! We fight over teh bang bang shrimp!
Hope you guys are having a great vacation and we are all very excited to have you here soon!
:-)
Jill-Marie Weaver

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on the anniversary thing. I am truly terrible at remembering our anniversary. I have even been known to be out of town on said event. My take on it is this: Every day with John Brewster is an anniversary to me. He is the most wonderful man I have ever known. Even better than my daddy...and that is saying something. Happy Anniversary honey. Yesterday, today, and every day. I love you!!!!

DannyG said...

We did the Grove Park Inn on the 10th, the River Cafe in NYC on the 15th and....well, you know where Jeanette and I were for our 20th Anniversary, but the 12th...I'm thinking the lunch buffet @ Lynn Garden Rest. Have a great trip!