01 June 2008

A New Countdown


My last everything at First Broad Street is over so I'm no longer counting down the days. I found a picture from our Luau that I could share. Now the countdown is for a new beginning. In 18 days I start a new job at First Farragut in West Knoxville. But as we make this transition there are some things we REALLY want to have fall into place.

First -- our house in Kingsport needs to find a new owner. We've had several nibbles but no one has made that offer (or any offer).

Second -- Gincy needs a job. She had a good interview on this past Friday, but 70 people applied. She was one of five asked in for an interview. She is an incredible teacher, so I know someone is going to be blessed to have her.

Third -- We've got to have a place to stay in Farragut (or nearby). The optimal plan was to sell our house in Kingsport and then buy a house in Farragut ... but since we've not completed "First" we are in a quandry over "Third". Currently our plan is to take a vacation! One of my favorite sayings is, "When the going gets tough, the tough take a vacation." Our temporary plan is to camp in my parents' motorhome. Tonight we are staying at the "Soaring Eagle RV Park" in Lenoir City. Tomorrow -- it's Myrtle Beach!

It was great to run into John & Renni Morris while setting up my sister with babysitting my Jeep Wrangler. Everyone at First Farragut have been so wonderful. I can't wait (Did I mention I was taking a vacation) to get to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

Charred indeed!! And you earned every bit of it. Of course, charring you is near impossible and somewhat frustrating because you're just such a nice guy. I'll have to say, though, that that Wed. nighter was one of the best I've ever seen here. You have been very much loved in this place.

There was an elephant in the room at prayer group last week. We were all very aware of your absence and prayed for you four.

You will stay in our prayers too. You are truly gifted by God in so many ways. Your commitment to your calling is obvious and your enthusiasm is contagious. There is no doubt that you are God's man and you will be deeply missed here.

But hey, I'll see ya Sunday at conference.

Bless you, John Brewster. You have certainly been a blessing in my life!

In Christ,
margie